Thursday, August 29, 2013

Caution: Challenges ahead!

There are a lot of challenges coming up in the fall. I don't mean that my life is going to be difficult or anything like that (I hope it isn't!). I mean some of the games I've done in the past like DietBet are coming back.

DietBet, for those of you who don't know, is a pledge to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks. Everyone throws in some money at the beginning, and the people who complete their bet split the pot at the end. The website has different games going on all the time, but I participated in a celebrity hosted game by Biggest Loser stars Hannah Curlee and Olivia Ward last March. I have met them, and they are just the most precious women EVER! I love their hearts. Anyway, I'm going to join their Diet Bet #3 which starts in 11 days.

Another challenge I'm interested in is a 30 day photo challenge. These have been around since the days of MySpace, but I've never done one. I recently bought a new cell phone, and it has a good camera, so I'd like to try it. I pinned one to Pintrest on the Best Friend Bucket List page, and I may try to convince Jen to participate with me. I just think it would be more fun to see how we each interpret the challenges (especially since we normally share a brain!).

Finally, I've been trying to incorporate more yoga (see previous post), and I decided to join My Yoga Online. It's only $9.95 for a monthly subscription. I figure I would spend more than that if I bought 1 DVD. They have all kinds of videos and routines along with message boards, etc. They accepted Paypal too, and that kinda sealed my decision. I'd like to try different kinds of classes and keep track of what I like and what I need to work harder on. I'd also like to do it every day for 30 days! I'm a little lame on follow-through, so we'll see if I keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment