Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Peachtree and Patios

Earlier this month I went to Atlanta with 2 of my friends. We had a grand old time (but we usually do wherever we are). I had been meaning to get the pictures off my phone, but I've been SO TIRED this month, and can't seem to get anything done. Here's my trip in a nutshell:


The McD's south of Chattanooga has weird ref-killing pictures. I don't understand it, but then again I'm not an art critic. There wasn't even an in memory of plaque.


Outside the lovely World of Coca-Cola downtown. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day


We stayed at a Hyatt hotel on Peachtree Street NE in Buckhead, and the restaurant next door was SO GOOD with some of the biggest asparagus I've ever seen in my life!!!


Our last stop was IKEA, and we had to rearrange the car to make room for our purchases. Next time, we are taking a Uhaul!

----

I posted a picture before of the patio I was obsessed with. I was looking for the cheapest option (because building a 450 sq ft patio was going to be expensive no matter what. My local Lowes has these hideously plain concrete pavers for $1.27 each, and that was the cheapest place around (Walmart was 1.33!).

After taxes that would be $627.22!!!!! Holy crap, that's a lot of money for a plain patio.

I reasoned with myself that since I really wanted flagstone and was going to be shelling out big bucks anyway, I might as well get what I wanted and just shell out really big bucks! Luckily I was able to get an amazing deal on a pallet of flagstone from Out of Eden Garden Center, and it was exactly what I wanted. Bonus: it ended up costing less than the pavers!



I relayed my ideas to Mr. Fix It, and while I was at Bible study last Friday night, he came over with Fix It Jr. and laid down the entire thing!


I don't know what made them decide to do this for me, but...


I am so grateful! That was a lot of work I missed out on!

Now all I need to do is fill in the cracks with pea gravel (which was given to me for free by an acquaintance that was moving)


Once I put an edging around it, it'll be perfect!!! Now I just need more time to spend on it. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment